Saturday, July 11, 2009

YFZ Cemetery Vist: Access Denied

I wanted to let everyone know that I am back home, safe and sound.

I met with FLDS representatives outside the gates of the YFZ on Friday morning at 9:00 am.

After they consulted with their attorney, Amy Hennington, I was denied access, because I am not a relative and their cemetery is "private".

I will resist saying more right now, one because I am plain tuckered out after another 1,000 miles of Texas road under me since Thursday, and two, because there are lawyers involved now.

I'll let y'all know how much I can yap, as as soon as possible. I'm good at yapping. That's why I went to broadcasting school to begin with.

For now, I will say this much:

The people of Eldorado feel completely betrayed by Austin, and by Texas.

They were the first to see the children.

They were not blind.

They don't understand what happened to those children, or the decisions made by Austin, at all.

They feel just as thrown under the bus as the Texas Rangers, CPS staff, Hot Line and shelter workers, foster families, CASA staff and volunteers, and the attorneys pushed out of the case.

Gee, that's a lot of Texans who are feeling betrayed.

4 comments:

  1. k Dee if you are willing to try again with a family member contact

    Joseph Rohbock
    3908 Madison Ave
    Santa Clara, UT 84765-5642

    He may be willing to meet you as he would like visit the grave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boots Joseph is Ron Rohbocks son. Ron Rohbock was the one who was the father of the little boy.

    But he may be able to put you in touch with Ron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely mention it in my communication, hon.


    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On what possible basis can they feel betrayed? It was the FLDS mothers and children who were betrayed. If she was the first to see the chidlren, then she knows they were not abused. The women and children were involuntarily taken out of their homes and kept under very bad conditions at Fort COncho and San Angelo.

    ReplyDelete